Nath's Previous Work / Career Experience.
Consultant Site Architect at Balmond Studio (2012-2015).
Expected construction completion in early 2016.
Waterfront Integrated Resort ("Cinnamon Life")
Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Client - John Keells Holdings; Waterfront Properties - Cinnamon Life.
Under construction since March 2014.
The Waterfront Integrated Resort is an International luxury mixed-use development designed to British standards & specifications.
The development features an 800 room, 5 star luxury hotel with entertainment and associated facilities, conferencing & exhibition centre, spa, gym, banqueting, all-day dining, specialty restaurants, 2 residential apartment towers, 1 office tower, waterfront esplanade, landscaped public areas, retail mall, 2500+ carparking and civil works (Including roadways and a 6 lane vehicular/pedestrian access bridge).
Project Value / Size
$1billion+, 422000m2 GFA
Nath worked on site with the Project Manager/Engineer, Senior Site Architect, Operations Manager, specialist consultants, contractors, local authorities and client representatives.
This experience broadened his understanding and exposure to the function of project management, design and construction of different building typologies with large budgets and high quality construction, while engaging international clients, contractors, and design team/consultants.
- Assisting in preparing project management/design audits, cost reviews, technical /
pre-qualification reviews, and tracking documents covering submissions from the contractor, design team, sub-consultants (Interior Design) and commercial operators.
- Coordination and communication of various design information between local consultants, the design team, sub-consultants (Interior Design), contractors, operators, and the client.
- Construction documentation (IRS) reviews with the design team following contractor supplier feedback e.g. through building a client sales mock-up apartment.
- Design coordination of the Engineers/Consultants Site Office (3 storeys/1800sqm) and fast-track apartment mock-up for client sales.
- Presentation preparation for client meetings, workshops, reviews, and authority reviews.
- Liaising with local authorities, contractors and the client regarding adjacent public waterfront developments.
- Coordinating requests for variation proposals and site enabling works, including utility connections, and storm-water/sewage diversions.
- Developing Architectural VE proposals together with the client, contractor and design team.
- Contract & VE (Structural/MEP) development post tender (Observer).
- Contractor RFI preliminary reviews prior to design team reviews.
- MOMs for project team meetings, contractor progress meetings, site meetings, design coordination meetings, and design workshops.